In a recent article published at The Christian Post website, yet another Reformed Baptist pastor has weighed in on the Family Integrated Church Movement. In an article entitled If the Family Is Central, Christ Isn’t, John B. Carpenter, pastor of Covenant Reformed Baptist Church (in Caswell County, North Carolina, in the Danville, Virginia area) has offered a brief critique identifying problems under eight headings:
(1) The sufficiency of scripture
(3) Contradicts Scripture
(4) Undermines the Authority of the Offices in the church
(5) The FIC Misreads Church History
(6) The FIC is a Cure for a Disease that’s Not Prevalent
(7) Misdefinition of the Church
Frankly, I cannot agree with every point made in this article, but I do think it raises some important issues. As always, we welcome feedback from the blog’s readers.